Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

New Year, New Look New Books

I'm taking a quick break from my usual kind of posts to let you know about a couple of tweaks I've made to the blog over the Christmas break (Yep, I actually used some of my time productively!)

First of all, you've probably noticed the new colour scheme. I've been thinking for some time that the old one wasn't quite right - I loved the background, but it was all a little bit too dark. I want my writing to be more positive, brighter: so I thought the background should reflect that, too.

Secondly, I've added a couple of little gadgets: First of all, you can now search my blog using the search bar on the right-hand-side of each page. You can also sign up to get my new posts delivered straight to your inbox.

I'm still playing around with it, but if there's anything you'd like to see that isn't here, or if there's anything you don't like so much, let me know! And I'm not just talking about the layout and the new colour scheme - you can talk to me about the content, too!

Lastly, I wanted to say thank you for reading. When I started writing this blog I wasn't sure what direction it would take: what I'd end up writing about, and who would read it. As I'm muddling my way through, I feel like I'm starting to find my feet, and work out what my little corner of the internet is for.

I've often heard it said that you should write about what you know; I just assumed that everybody else already knew what I know, so there was little point in repeating it. I've been really humbled by some of the encouragement I've received, and I'm unbelievably glad that some of the things I've been learning have proved useful to others.

My aim now is always to write from my heart. Sometimes it'll be messy; other times neater. But always honest. And always seeking to glorify God. If someone finds some encouragement in it, or just to know that they're not alone, I'll have done what I set out to do. Up until now most of my readers have been people I know: people who have seen the links I've posted via Facebook or Twitter. That in itself has been really scary: some of the things I've shared here haven't even been shared with some of my closest friends. But the support I've had from a lot of people has been a huge encouragement to me.

So if you think something I've written might help or encourage someone you know, please feel free to share it with them. I won't mind at all. In fact, I'd be glad to share my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment