Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Time Out

Everything's been a bit quiet lately. 

It hasn't been intentional; I've been working on quite a few ideas for posts. With all of them, it's the same problem: I'm managing the beginning and the middle just fine, but I can't get to grips with the ending. It's beyond frustrating for me, but I think I know why. I can't write the ending when I haven't worked out what it is yet. 

The seasons are changing again. Winter is melting away and spring is sprouting up in its place - and not just in a literal sense. My priorities are shifting, and I'm catching glimpses of new things on the horizon. All of them exciting, some of them scary. Some new, getting my attention for the first time, and some old stuff from long, long ago, that's starting to make a bit more sense than it once did. 

Nothing drastic, nothing that looks particularly dramatic from the outside. Just subtle shifts in my perspective, the way I think and where my attention is. But it feels like it's building, as if there's a gear-change coming.  

It's interesting that it seems to be happening all over the place: my church is entering an exciting new season, and a lot of the blogging and social media spheres seem to be chattering away about the same things, too. There's lots of "newness" everywhere. It's looking like a season where God is clearly on the move everywhere. I can't even begin to articulate how exciting that is for me - that somehow, in some small way, I get to be a part of whatever He's got planned. 

Hopefully, it won't be too long before I'm finding the endings, and I can go back to writing at my normal pace. I'm not going to force myself to post anything, just because I haven't for a month or so. I might, but I might not. I just don't know yet. 

For now, I'll just enjoy the silence, and look forward to what's next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment