Pages

Friday 10 October 2014

A Ball of Rubber Bands

I know I haven't posted on here for a while.

Honestly, it's not because I've forgotten.

Since the last time I published something just over three weeks ago, I've started writing 10 new posts, and have been adding things to another 15. My drafts folder is starting to remind me of a rubber-band-ball; a mass of tangled thoughts and ideas that, although distinct, are so tightly wound together they're impossible to unpick. It seems as if every time I start to untangle one of them and work it into something that makes sense, a whole load of new things are thrown into the mix. The only post I've actually managed to complete is one that I'll never, ever publish. Which, although it was very helpful for me to write, is quite frankly useless for a blog.

I feel like I'm in a season where not much is actually happening, but I've got a lot to think about. Plans to make, and let go of. A load of stuff to work out. I'll be honest: I'm not enjoying it at all. I like knowing what's going on - uncertainty is definitely not my friend. Writing here is one way of trying to put everything in some kind of order - it helps just to get it out there, sometimes.

Hopefully I'll get to the point soon where I'll be able to publish something that at least resembles a coherent thought.


Well, a girl can hope, can't she...?

No comments:

Post a Comment